top of page

Conservation Areas

Conservation Area Consent is required for any development within a designated Conservation Area which involves the need for the demolition of existing buildings or certain types of fences walls and structures.

If you live in a Conservation Area and are looking to get planning for your project speak with us today for further guidance.

  • Your application will require accurate scaled drawings to show your existing property, and a set of drawings to present your proposal.


Projects which include the following as part of the proposal will require Conservation Area Consent:


  • Demolition of a building with a volume of 115 cubic metres or more.

  • To demolish any gate, fence, wall or other means of an enclosure with:

  • a height of one metre or more if next to a highway (including a public footpath or bridleway), waterway or open space; or

  • a height of two metres or more elsewhere

"Our experience was a reliable service from Rubix and they know their stuff! The application presented very well to Council planners and it got my planning approved. Will be using again."


"We've used Rubix Planning for a number of projects, a large extension and most recently a garden building. We've had excellent service and have been guided through the process clearly and efficiently. We highly recommend Rubix Planning a 5 star service"


"Its always a pleasure to work with professional company. Highly recommend."


bottom of page